Hospital Program/Patient Support
Al-Huda helps patients and their families cope with their emotional, spiritual and social needs by visiting them at the hospitals and helping to strengthen their connection with Allah. Volunteers of Al-Huda not only provide them with dua cards and cassettes but also teach them about cleanliness (taharah) and way of performing proper ablution and namaz. Sahoor and iftar in Ramadan is provided and gifts are given on Eid to the patients. Following are the details:
- On 15th June, 2009, a group of students and volunteers visited the Holy Family Hospital, Rawalpindi. Upon visiting the children’s ward, they distributed Shifa cards, cassettes and encouraged little children and their parents. Details available Here
- A team from Al-Huda Islamabad branch visits Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) hospital twice a week for moral uplift of children suffering from Thalasemia. The patients suffering from this lifelong disease are encouraged to connect with Allah.
- Apart from this, cassettes are sent to Sargodha Center for Blinds.
- In Karachi, 5 hospitals namely Ojha, Civil, Jinah, Alhamra and Fatmeed are visited. Teams from Al-Huda visit cancer, gynecology, chest, ENT, pediatrics, suicide, general and T.B. wards in these hospitals. They distribute milk, biscuits and fruits among patients. Dua cards are also distributed and patients are taught about namaz and cleanliness (taharat). In the month of Ramadan sehri and iftari is provided and gifts are distributed on Eid. Apart from, this medicines and injections are also provided when needed.
- In the recent years, 300 drug addicts treated at New Horizon in Karachi were provided with ration by Al-Huda.