In the holy month of Ramadan, Al-Huda intensifies its welfare activities as was the practice of Holy Prophet (S.A.W). Food for sehri and iftar is provided at hospitals and madrassas. Food packages comprising of flour, rice, lentils, sugar, powdered milk and dates are prepared and distributed in different parts of Interior Sindh as well as places all over Pakistan. Cash is also given to the needy.
(ایک شخص نے آپ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم سے پوچھا: یا رسول اللہ صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم کون سا صدقہ اجر کے لحاظ سے بڑا ہے؟ فرمایا: جو رمضان میں دیا جائے۔ (ترمذی
- In the years 2006- 2010, Al-Huda Islamabad provided ration and clothes to 269 people.
- During the Holy month of Ramadan in 2006, food supplies (ration) were provided to the needy. The package consisted of flour (5 kg), rice (2 kg), lentils (2 kg), sugar (2 kg), tea (250 grams), powdered milk (1 kg) and dates (0.5 kg).1000 such packets were distributed at different places in Interior Sindh such as Sajawal, MirPur Khas, Gharo, Ghorabari, Gaju, Badin, Keti Bander, Thata and Thana Bola Khan. 200 packets were distributed among newly converted Muslims in Sindh. 400 packets were sent to Thar region.
- In addition, Rs.500 per family were given to widows and orphans.
- Ration and quilts were distributed amongst the flood affectees.
- Sehri and Iftari were distributed on daily basis to 200 children of a madrisah at Shah Rasool Colony as well as hospitals of Karachi and Sindh. Sehri and Iftari worth Rs.5000/- per day were sent to Ojha Sanatorium.